As a result of the ongoing concern around the potential spread of Coronavirus, we have reimagined our usual Donut Dash 5k format in order to be able to continue our support for children in our community who are experiencing foster care through Wellroot Family Services. We appreciate your support as we all find new ways to enjoy the activities we love. See below for the details and don't leave without going to our registration page to sign-up.
No Sweat No Run Details
This year’s 5K will be a virtual run-in-place event where all participants will be a winner and have some fun. You will get to choose your activity level in the location of your choice!
It’s your choice this year! Support children experiencing foster care by participating from your own home, favorite gym, local running path, donut shop, Lazyboy, etc.!
Dates & Times to Know
Early Packet and Tee Pick-up:
Thursday, September 17th from noon to 3 pm OR
Friday, September 18th from 4 pm to 7 pm
at the Duluth Festival Center in Taylor Park on the Duluth Town Green.
Complete your activity of choice:
Anytime between now and Sunday, September 27th
Send us your favorite photo or video of you completing your activity in your race tee by:
Monday, September 28th
Watch the Facebook Live Event Show:
Saturday, October 3rd at 10 am
We are happy to continue our support of Wellroot Family Services’ (formerly the United Methodist Children’s Home) vision of a world where every child is raised in a loving, compassionate, and nurturing home. Their Foster Care Program provides hope and healing to children who have been neglected or abused by providing loving foster homes, as well as helping children find permanent homes through reunification with their birth parents or through adoption. Wellroot Family Services serves the North Georgia community.
- All participants receive a fun tee shirt, coupon for a free Dunkin Donut and a swag bag to be picked up at the Duluth Festival Center on Thursday, September 17th or Friday, September 18th
- Best “Non-Racing” photo posted wins a special prize Facebook
- Live show to feature our participants with lot’s of fun and awards for all age groups
Our Proceeds Benefit a Great Cause!
Wellroot Family Services believes that every child should be raised in a loving, compassionate, and nurturing home with the opportunity to thrive.
- Our Foster Care Program provides hope and healing to children who have been neglected or abused by providing loving foster homes and helps children find permanent homes through reunification with their birth parents or through adoption.
- Our Family Housing Program provides transitional housing and support on our Decatur campus for families that are homeless. We help them achieve sustainable independence so that they can stay together and lead healthy, safe, and fruitful lives.
- Our Independent and Transitional Living programs help foster youth ages 18-21 build a network of adult mentors and develop the life and career skills to stand on their own. Youth live on campus and then transition to live independently off campus as we teach, encourage, and equip them to become productive members of society.
We have worked to heal children, unite families, and change lives in North Georgia for more than 144 years. Learn more at wellroot.org. If you can not run in this year's race but would still like to show your support for foster care in North Georgia click this link for the Donut Dash Fundraising Page.
38th Annual Duluth Fall Festival
The Duluth Donut Dash 5K is proud to be a part of the Duluth Fall Festival, one of the most successful festivals in the southeast, with attendance consistently upwards of 100,000. Although this event has been canceled for this year, plans are in the making for an even better event in 2021. The Duluth Donut Dash 5K will still provide financial support to forward the goals of this organization as all proceeds raised by the Festival are used towards improving and beautifying Historic Downtown Duluth. To learn more about the Duluth Fall Festival, visit their website at duluthfallfestival.org