We are excited to be able to have everyone back in person for the Duluth Donut Dash 5k! As we rapidly approach the race, we continue to monitor the current COVID-19 situation with guidance from state and local officials and will communicate any updates on the Donut Dash race website and via email. In the meantime, and out of an abundance of caution, the Duluth Donut Dash race-day volunteers will be in adherence with recommended outdoor social distancing guidelines. Race participants and volunteers will not be required to mask but have the option to do so at their own discretion. We appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you!
Calls to Action
2022 Duluth Donut Dash
This 5K race is an AJC Peachtree Road Race Qualifier
The race starts and finishes in downtown Duluth during the Duluth Fall Festival
Dates & Times to Know
Early Packet and Tee Pick-up:
Thursday, September 22nd from 4 to 7 pm
at The Duluth Festival Center OR Morning of Race
We are happy to continue our support of Wellroot Family Services’ (formerly the United Methodist Children’s Home) vision of a world where every child is raised in a loving, compassionate, and nurturing home. With a focus on the whole family and a continuum of care, Wellroot’s evidence-based programs are designed to keep families together whenever possible, provide short-term foster families when needed, and nurture and educate teens and young adults to break the cycle of trauma in their lives. Wellroot Family Services serves the North Georgia community. Learn more at wellroot.org.
2021 Race Results
Thank you for your support of the 2021 Duluth Donut Dash 5K. See the 2021 race results here.
Chip timimg race results
Awards ceremony for all division winners in 5K
A free donut for all participants
All participants receive a fun tee shirt and a swag bag
Our Proceeds Benefit a Great Cause!
For over 150 years, Wellroot Family Services has provided thousands of children and families in Georgia a loving home. While we celebrate all of the many children that have been fostered, adopted and loved through Wellroot, there is still much work to be done. Today, there are nearly 12,000 children in the foster care system in Georgia, which is double the number in our system just ten years ago. The system is overloaded, current interventions are ineffective, and the inability to distinguish poverty from neglect has caused thousands of children to suffer needlessly. With a focus on the whole family and a continuum of care, Wellroot’s evidence-based programs are designed to keep families together whenever possible, provide short-term foster families when needed, and nurture and educate teens and young adults to break the cycle of trauma in their lives.
- Our Healthy Families America (HFA) program helps parents bring out the best in themselves through a dynamic home visitation program that supports prenatal and new moms with comprehensive parenting, secure attachments, health and wellness, child development, family strengthening, stress reduction, and building protective factors.
- Our Positive Parenting Program, Triple P, is a research-based parenting and family support system designed to serve children and teens who are struggling with behavioral and emotional challenges by offering parents strategies to help them confidently manage their children’s behavior.
- Our Functional Family Therapy (FFT) offers in-home therapeutic services for families with youth who are working through complex behavioral challenges, mental health episodes, substance abuse, and traumatic events.
- In our Foster Care program, from their first steps to their high school graduation, there are many milestones in a young person’s life that can be enriched by the love and support of a nurturing foster family. When a family makes room in their hearts and their home through foster care, they give a young person a real chance to thrive.
- The Transitional & Independent Living programs serve young people transitioning from foster care to adulthood. These young people deserve healthy connections, a sense of control over their environment, and strong self-confidence so that they can become the best version of themselves. That's why, in addition to foster care for children, we also serve young adults aged 18-21 as they transition from foster care to adulthood.
- The prospect of homelessness is frightening, overwhelming, stressful, and traumatic. The Family Housing programming offers our families housing, stability and a safety net of support services focused on self-sufficiency, career development, continuing education, financial management, parenting, and personal development.
Your support is absolutely vital to offering more children, young adults, and families the benefits of a healthy, stable, and safe home. Learn more at wellroot.org.
39th Annual Duluth Fall Festival
The 2022 Duluth Fall Festival is September 24 - 25, 2022
The Duluth Donut Dash 5K is proud to be a part of the Duluth Fall Festival, one of the most successful festivals in the southeast, with attendance consistently upwards of 100,000. The Duluth Donut Dash 5K provides financial support to forward the goals of this organization as all proceeds raised by the Festival are used towards improving and beautifying Historic Downtown Duluth. To learn more about the Duluth Fall Festival, visit their website at duluthfallfestival.org.